Friday, March 9, 2012

What's the difference between Revenge and a Reckoning?

Revenge is what you are going to do and reckoning is about what is going to happen to you.....



Merry Christmas Miss Luna. If you lived closer, I would invite you over for some of my homemade cheesecake. How did your Prime turn out???What's the difference between Revenge and a Reckoning?
Revenge is when you soil yourself to attack someone in an attempt to get even. Two wrongs don’t make a right and when you hurt someone else he joy you get out of that is not the kind of feeling you want to live with.



Reckoning is when the wheel of Karma takes a spin and finally catches up to the person.



Look at O.J. Simpson; he got off for murder once and then when he lost the civil trial he fled to Florida to hold on to most of his assets—he thought he was immune to the law. Then he goes to Las Vegas and stages his own sting operation and gets caught. Now it is a prosecutor’s dream he has the man cold and he can put him away for the rest of his life.



Moral of the story is ‘if you do bad things then bad things are going to happen to you;’ when I get cut off in traffic by some fool who has to be 10 seconds earlier than if they drove like a sane person I think ‘Thanks gosh, I wasn’t involved in an accident with him.’ Because sure enough some day he is going to pull that stupid move one time too many, and when he does the other guy is either going to have a gun and an itchy trigger finger, or a suicide death wish and a desire to take him on and beat him. When that happens one of those guys is going down and I don’t want to be in the resulting accident.



I had a room mate who was just horrible, I mean so bad that he didn’t even want me to answer the phone so he could leave a message for his girl friend on the answer machine. He tried to start a fight with me once, but I refused because it was stupid (and I didn’t want to go to jail for killing the fool). The last I heard his girl friend got pregnant and he had his third child out of wedlock. She blew up into a balloon and he got so mad because he locked his keys in the car that he assaulted some poor woman in the parking lot and was sent to jail. This guy was an explosion waiting to go off and I was lucky enough to get out before he went. I mean he was able to make some other driver so mad that they sped up to pass him and then slammed their car into a T stop blocking both lanes just so they could yell at him. This is how bad he was and life finally caught up to him for it. He did more to himself than I ever could have done.



When I think about him I only have to laugh and think about how he set himself up for a fall and he did himself in. That was the sweetest revenge because I was totally innocent and afterwards our friends called me the saint for putting up with him for as long as I did. I took the high moral road and he continued down the low one and he finally had that wreck he was looking for. I am just glad I wasn’t involved in it. If I had sunk to his level if I had gotten into a fist match with him then I might have gotten my revenge, but the cost would have been more than I was willing to pay. As it is his own life took revenge on him and I didn’t have to try and pick up the pieces.



It takes a while for the Wheel of Karma to spin around and do the person in, but it always catches up to them in the end; unless they have a major change of heart. O. J. Simpson got so full of himself that he published a book telling how he did the murder and felt that no one could touch him. Now some Nevada prosecutor has the chance of a lifetime to put away a double murderer and the ‘one that got away.’ You can bet this prosecutor is going to go for all he can and O. J. may never see the light of day again. And he did it all to himself. The guy who he pulled the sting on even offered to not prosecute, but Las Vegas police said; “No it was armed burglary and we don’t need your complaint, only your statement as a witness.” The guy who was involved didn’t even have to go after O.J. he did it all to himself.What's the difference between Revenge and a Reckoning?
Happy Holidays, Luna! I am taking a break from the family by relaxing on Y! Answers.. LOL





I believe that Karma is the way God keeps the universe in check. You put out anger and cruelty, that's what comes into your life. But if you are giving and loving, thats what you get back. You already know that.



The above is reckoning. The laws of the universe are being enacted.



Revenge is slashing someone's tires because they cheated on you. You basically take reckoning into your own hands.



My ex Husband has never apologized at all for breaking our marriage vows or tried to make amends. Subsequently he is very unhappy. I think his reckoning will end when he makes amends. My saying is "God will take care of it" and He/She ALWAYS does. That's reckoning. Taking that reckoning into your own hands is revenge.
  • broadview security
  • cheesecake factory coupons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment