Tuesday, March 6, 2012

What rpg should I buy? KOA:reckoning , tales of the abyss , or final fantasy 13-2?

I love turned base combat , but if the game gives really great hack n slash gameplay thats still ok. I like deep characters and storylines. Also, i hate linear games. Open world is better to me. Lastly, since KOA and ff are both $60 is it worth paying an extra $20 when I can by tales for $40? -thanks!What rpg should I buy? KOA:reckoning , tales of the abyss , or final fantasy 13-2?
In my opinion, Reckoning is great. It is a long game (been playing for about 100 hours and counting), the combat system is deep without being overly difficult. You can switch between a main and secondary weapon in mid-combo, and learn special moves for your weapons.

It is VERY open world, and it is a rather large world, too. You can go anywhere you want, though the game warns you if you are not strong enough. If you venture too far, you will come up against enemies with red names. They are too powerful for you, but you can still fight (and win) if you are good enough.

Also, there are a variety of weapons and playstyles you can choose. Longsword, Greatsword (2 handed), Longbow, Staff (magic), sceptre (magic equal of the bow), daggers, and Faeblades (thing Klingon swords from Star Trek). The Daggers and Faeblades can be used to backstab / stealth kill, if you want to sneak up. Armor does not affect this.

The skill trees are well done, too. You have Might, Finesse (rogue), and Sorcery. But, you are not locked into anything, and can do whatever you want. I have a Might fighter with a longsword and bow, but I can throw a mean bolt of lightning and can cause earthquakes. You can be a master of one, or have a little of all.

To be honest, the only downside is the main storyline, which is kinda odd (though I am only about halfway through it). But, there are some fun characters you meet, and some of the faction quests have good storylines.



I don't know about Tales, but I can say that FF13-2 is not worth $60. It is not as linear as the first game, but the storyline is confusing, the characters are rather annoying to listen to, and the paradigm system in a pain in the butt. I would say, go with the extra $20 and get Reckoning.
  • restaurants in dc
  • christian book
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment